August 22, 2006

Potential Talent Palooza Client Speaks His Mind

I came across this post on a scam.com thread about the Talent Palooza Scam. I made a few lite modifications to the post to make it easier to read. If you would like to check out the full original post please click the link at the bottom of this blog post.

"I just got off the phone with them (Talent Palooza) a couple of hours ago, and the same alarms went off in my head.

I've been registered with Impactww for a number of months now, and the first scammish thing that had me concerned was the fact that I couldn't unsubscribe from the daily influx of "booking requests". I tried unsubscribing at least 10 times, and it does NOTHING! They're all just forwarded to my junk mailbox now.

A few days ago, I saw the notice about the Palooza Talent Show, and I decided to put my number down to hear more about it. I'll give them credit for one thing: they called right on the time that I requested they call. I spoke with a "Mike", who took me through the spiel, then asked some questions about myself, under the guise of qualifying me for the next round. Once I was accepted, I moved on to another "Mike" (one of 3, apparently!), who asked me some more questions about my aspirations, and why I deserve to be at this event in Orlando, Florida. I could tell it didn't really matter what I said, because while I was going on about myself, I could hear that he wanted to interject. As far as he was concerned, I was already "approved", especially since I said I could afford the $1295 for such an endeavor while he was qualifying me as a finalist ("Finalist", HA! What an ego-stroker!). I was then passed on to another "Mike", or maybe the same, I didn't really care. I told them I was at work, and wished to call back a little later. He gave me his direct line: 212.334.5325 ext.204. That's when I hopped online and started researching ImpactWW and this event. Eventually I ended up here, and I'm so glad Klaas and people like him are around to debunk all this bullshit! I've been reading posts and comments and legal crap for a couple of hours now. I saw that the number Mike provided me was the same number listed on the Talent Palooza site, and the addresses of that agency and ImpactWW, and Impact210, AND TooSpoiled, ALL share the same address. Nice try, fuckers. I'm about to call them back and express my feelings."

Original Post

               

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home